DirectX Delphi Webcam Capture Example
Post date: Nov 8, 2010 10:42:58 PM
This project is a complete example of control of web cams with DirectShow in Delphi. This code can be used as a suitable replacement for the outdated Video For Windows (VFW) Api to retreive the webcam stream as described here: Delphi Webcam Capture Example.
This delphi project was created by porting the C++ video capture "PlayCap" examples, including "PlayCapMoniker", which uses Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK Update (Summer 200) to Delphi.
No 3rd party components are used in this application; only two units: VSample.pas & VFrame.pas.
- Select to view from a list of cameras.
- Up to two Webcams can be read from at once.
- The ability to pause and resume the video stream.
- Support for many video formats:
- YUY2 (YUYV, YUNV)
- I420 (YV12, IYUV)
- Direct control of the camera properties (Zoom, Pan etc).
- Monitoring mode "Surveillance" writes JPG files in a "Spy" subdirectory.
- Simple real-time modifications of the current video such as crosshair.
- Invert stream (mirror view of webcam capture).
- Conversion to grayscale.
- Highlight changed areas.
Author: M. Braun
Compiled: Delphi 2007
Only Delphi source code is included in the archives.